You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unfortunately I did download Catalina on my Mac and now Affinity don't open more CR - photo raw files :-(

Unfortunately I did download Catalina on my Mac and now Affinity don't open more CR - photo raw files :-(

What can I do please to resolve this problem. Is there something to change or I can't use it more?

Is there a possibility to get money back from Affinity? I did buy it only some monthes ago..

Thanks, greetings ..

Welcome to the forum Jarmila,

• Do you get any messages pop up, if so screenshot them and upload here.
  • Which RAW file is it CRW CR2 CR3?
  • Which camera are you using?
  • Do you have an example file you can upload so that someone on Catalina can test.

Until a solution is found, you could convert the file to a DNG file, using Adobe DNG Converterhttps://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

Hi jarmila,

Welcome to the forums :)

Updating to Catalina shouldn't remove any camera support from Affinity Photo - could you please confirm the camera model your CR RAW file is originating from? Thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Thanks for your kind answer. T

he commands for the development of raw cr2 images are gone and opens the file as a normal jpg without the commands, possibility to edit the photo.
I will upload the screenshot. Maybe I did touch something, I don't know. But
Before downloading the catalina version on my mac, there were the commands on the right
  • Do you get any messages pop up, if so screenshot them and upload here - no messages
  • Which RAW file is it CRW CR2 CR3?- CR2
  • Which camera are you using? -  Canon EOS 5D Mark III
  •  
    Or maybe I could try deleting the downloaded version and downloading Affinity again. However to be honest I don't feel very well, it's far from Photoshop. But unfortunately Photoshop costs too much .. thanks again for the reply, many greetings

Schermata 2020-02-12 alle 11.28.43.png

Schermata 2020-02-12 alle 11.29.00.png

• Staff

Thanks for your screenshots - it looks as though you've accidentally hidden/closed your Studios, you can reset these in each Persona through View>Studios>Reset Studio.

I hope this helps! :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

No problem at all, happy to hear this!

You can follow the instructions in the below post for installing the NIK collection - 

I hope this helps :)