You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pictures blurred on screen

Lieven

• Staff

Does the resource manager state them as "OK"? They may be blurred whilst we are still loading the file but if the resource isn't missing and the files fully loaded (it can take a bit of time for all background tasks to finish) then this shouldn't happen

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

I've scrolled through my large file, sometimes the images are blurred. When you wait a little, the become sharp. 

Sometimes however, they do not, just clicking on them does the trick, they show sharp after clicking.

When you want to display the resource manager, the first time you open this dialogwindow, you have to wait al very lmong time (15 sec+). Affinty shows the message "not responding" during that time. But all is returning to normal after that.

• Staff

I've scrolled through my large file, sometimes the images are blurred. When you wait a little, the become sharp. 

This will happen if you are quickly scrolling through the files, but it shouldn't take too long for them to become sharp and they shouldn't get stuck blurred. Are you doing this shortly after the file has loaded or has the file been open for a long time?

I'll have a look and see if I can reproduce. I just asked for your file in another thread so if you can send me the images aswell in that thread I'll look at this when I look at the pdf export issue

Thanks

Even sometimes they become only sharp after clicking on the image, when you don't click they stay blurred.

Unfortunately this behavior happens random, it can not be predicted or repeated. The file and images are send to you in an other thread.

• Staff

I'd expect it to happen when you quickly scroll/jump to another page, as it looks like you see the smaller versions of the images we display when zooming/scrolling quickly, and it never then renders the full image in.

I haven't reproduced it with your document yet, and it shouldn't ever effect any exports or anything (and isn't the cause of the issue in your other thread), so it should just be a visual thing but I'll continue to try reproduce this. Can I have some information on the specifications of your machine?

Also out of curiosity, if you have a page where an image is blurry, if you click on any other object on the page does it then make the image render correctly?

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. A few moments ago i had a blurred picture? I waited a minute, nothing changed, I clicked on the page, nothing happened, i clicked on the blurred image, nothing changed, i opened the resourcemanager: the image is linked and ok but stays blurred (see atachment), finally i changed the preview mode to preview: picture becomes sharp and stays sharp after that.

I work with the latest version of Win10, 64 bit 

PC releated: 

Intel Core I7 2600 @ 3.4Ghz

8 Dual channel DDR3 @ 666Mhz memory

AsusTek computer P8P67EVO motherboard

Nvidia Gforce GTX 10502020-02-16_10-42-53.jpg.f5684cdf6654c085cc81aed65700ddeb.jpg

Intel SSD 120GB

I have experienced blurred images in 1.8.0.556 and the version prior.

In a multi page document, moving from one page to another, can from time to time result in blurred images in the page being displayed. Zooming the view in or out will result in the blur being corrected.

It does not happen often and seems to happen randomly.

It has not concerned me, after all, it is beta software.

I am running under windows 7

• 10 months later...

Okay, I was about to open a thread with the same issue, but have then found this one. I, too, have the same problem with publisher and linked images. All of my images are stored on a hard drive, not in the same folder as the publisher file (but on the same drive). Sometimes, I open a publisher file and all images are loaded ok, sometimes a few of them are blurred or pixelated, re-opening my file will fix the images that there previously pixelated BUT sometimes other images will become pixelated. So often I have to re-open it multiple times before everything is OK. And the most terrible thing is, if I export my file and miss a few blurred images, it will ALSO be blurred in the exported file! And that's a real problem. The status of all the images is OK, by the way.

I still haven't found a way to fix it from within Publisher without having to re-open the file. However sometimes it will become normal if I click on it with a mouse (not always).