A bit of a weird one. 
When I create a new layer and double click the title to rename it, if I type the new layer name too quickly the app seems to commit to the new name before I've even finished typing it. 
This seems to be especially prevalent when I try and rename it with anything starting with the letter "S". 

For instance, if I make a new layer and I want to rename it "Skyline", I double click the default name "(Pixel)" and quickly start typing "Skyline" I only get as far as "Sky" before it commits to the renaming. 
So I end up with a layer prematurely called "Sky" and accidentally proceed to toggle all of the keyboard shortcuts for the remaining characters in the word "L I N E" while thinking I'm still busy typing out the layer name. 

Hopefully this makes some kind of sense!
Please let me know if you need more info.

@MEB Thanks for the quick response!

That's a bummer, I wonder why it's happening on my side. 
I've got the latest release version of Affinity Photo (not the beta) installed, on my late 2015, 21.5 inch iMac, running macOS Catalina version 10.15.2.
This bug only seems to occur when using Affinity apps (all of them do the same), but I haven't experienced it with any other creative apps like Photoshop or Clip Studio Paint.
It's not a serious bug, but it can get very annoying, especially when I work fast to tackle deadlines. 

Here's a short screen recording to show what's happening - you can see that the layer commits to the name before I've finished typing - sometimes I don't even get past the first "S", unless I give it a second and then type very slowly. It also only seems to happen once, so if I go back to rename any of the layers a second time, it doesn't happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FArPR7s3FSQ