You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It looks as though you have at least seven open documents all called "Untitled" - the [M] after their names is short for "Modified", so they must have been saved at some point...

As a first step, I would suggest saving and closing them all, quitting Affinity Designer, restarting and trying again. It might also be an idea to rename some of them!

(I know, I know, turn it off and turn it on again. But if I was Affinity Designer, I might be a bit confused by all those open documents with the same name :o)

Hope it helps!

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

6 hours ago, h_d said:

It looks as though you have at least seven open documents all called "Untitled" ...

It also looks like you have a total of 18 (!!!) apps running concurrently on your Mac (indicated by the black dots on the Dock) & assuming your recording is not sped up, you are clicking "Export" very quickly after opening the Export panel, well before it has finished calculating the estimated file size.

This almost certainly means your Mac is unable to keep up with the demands on its resources made by all those apps -- even if the others have no documents open or are hidden they still need memory & may need to access files or other system resources in the background. This also will impact how quickly AD can process your document(s) for export, particularly if they are complex with lots of layers, adjustments, & effects.

What should happen is that the export process will just take an unusually long time to get to the point where it asks where the file should be stored, how it should be named, & so on; & a progress bar would appear until it gets to that point, but there may not even be enough system resources available to show that bar.

So it would be a good idea to quit any apps that you do not need to keep running while working in AD, in addition to what @h_d suggested.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7