You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Flakey behaviour with 2 displays

robinp

I keep finding unexpected behaviours when working with an external display plugged into my MacBook Pro. I really get the feeling that perhaps not much testing has been done on this or similar set ups.

This applies to all three apps if I'm honest. Just the most recent example was one I experiences with Published. 

Often popup windows or panels appear on the screen other than the one being used. 

The latest one was that the text frame settings panel appeared on my MacBooks display rather than the external one I was working on. I tried to adjust the colour using the colour wheel but the colour would not change. I moved the panel to the same display as the one being used for publisher and immediately it started working. Interestingly, when then moving the panel back to the MacBook display it carried on working as expected.

Another recent one was the other day I was using Designer and on one display the artboards started showing as much smaller than they should be, with the artwork appearing to incorrectly extend far beyond the limits even though.  Moving the window between displays and then back again resolved this issue. Could they be related?

Here's an example. BTW, the drag and drop upload isn't working on the forum. I had to go through the dialogue to get this to upload @MEB

What you're seeing on this video, is the Text Frame panel on my MacBook Pro built in display. The Publisher document is open on my 27" external display. It is repeatable.

16 hours ago, garrettm30 said:

I don't think you're the only one. A few others have talked about quirky 2-screen behavior around here.

You'd think that dual displays would be a pretty common set up for users of the affinity apps and would warrant a decent amount of testing.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Sorry.

Thank you for reporting a problem using 1.7.x . It appears that a member of the Affinity QA team didn't get round to fully investigating this specific report posted in the bugs forums. We are very sorry for this oversight. Yours is one of a number of reports that I am posting this apology to, using an automated script.

Now we have released 1.8.3 on all platforms containing many hundreds of bug fixes, and we hope your problem has already been fully addressed. If you still have this problem in the 1.8.3 release build, then the QA team would really appreciate you reporting again it in the relevant Bugs forum.

Each of those links above contains instructions how best to report a bug to us. If that is what you already did in this thread just copy paste your original report into a new thread. We appreciate all the information that you have including sample files and screen shots to help us replicate your problem.

This thread has now been locked as the QA team are not following the threads to which this automatic reply is made, which is why we would appreciate a new bug report if you are still have this problem in the current 1.8.3 release build.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon