You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

file opening implies crash down

I used Affinity Photo (now 1.7.3.481) for a long time to my pleasure on Windows 7. Recently I moved to Windows 10 on my desktop. Since then I can't use Affinity Photo anymore because it crashes immediatly when I try to open any file (of different types) or a new document. I removed Affinity Photo and installed it again but nothing changed. What can I do?

Kind regards, Helmut R

I did exactly the same (migration form win 7 to latest win10 and reinstallation of Affinity Photo) and have exactly the same problem. What I noticed is that I can open photos in Affinity Publisher documents and work with them in the photo persona.

Best regards

W. Raab

• Staff

It may be worth trying to reinstall the apps if you've updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (unless you mean you've installed it on a new PC running Windows 10?).

Also, check the known software conflict list to see if you're being affected by some of the known offenders:

• 2 weeks later...

The solution found (with help and patience by the Affinity team): Change in the  preference section of Photo under "Performance" the Renderer into "Microsoft Basic Render Driver" and restart Affinity Photo.

Helmut R

Edited by Helmut R
orthography