You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush improvements

Hello affinity team! I have one suggestion. When I draw a straight line with a brush while holding down the shift key, I don’t understand how the line will be drawn. I often have to redraw the line. Why, while holding down the shift key, do not show the path of the new stroke. This will greatly simplify the work with straight lines with a brush.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Krita does it, and also detects the pressure while creating the preview of the lines, it is much more effective than the affinity mode. Affinity does it in a strange way, why if I have the brush for example with pressure detection for "opacity" only half the line is drawn, even if I squeeze the pencil to the fullest. It makes no sense, or it draws all the line or that is allowed to use the pressure to define the thickness, but not half a line yes and half a line no. I love affinity, but on this particular topic Krita is much more advanced. It would be great if you could implement a similar system (or at least the pressure does not affect the line or do it as it should, so for me it is a tool that I can not use, because I almost always have the pressure of "opacity "activated and it is very annoying to have to change to a different brush without pressure option on the" opacity "). Thank you very much for your attention and greetings.