You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

4 Tricks you need to know - Affinity Photo Tutorial

@Multi4G, you do provide some useful tutorials, but it would help if you gave a brief, on-line description of each technique in the covering message. Rather like @Vinit does here

John.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I want to put a white frame around my image, but nothing happens when I adjust the width slider under style. Please help I'm running Win 10 and tried with both Apoto 1.7 and Beta 1.8

I clicked on Rectangle tool to start with. Also tried to start with Pen tool open

Thank you

On 2/9/2020 at 12:36 PM, Ganna said:

I want to put a white frame around my image, but nothing happens when I adjust the width slider under style. Please help I'm running Win 10 and tried with both Apoto 1.7 and Beta 1.8

I clicked on Rectangle tool to start with. Also tried to start with Pen tool open

Thank you

Make sure that you have the rectangle selected, that the rectangle is visible and has a color set for the stroke and that that layer is unlocked and not covered by another layer. maybe also check that the blend mode is "normal" and that the opacity of the stoke color is 100% - that's all i can think of at the moment. 

On 2/8/2020 at 6:47 PM, Multi4G said:

Create a Mask for a Glow effect that works

Hi Olivio, I love your tutorials and have picked up quite a few ideas from you. Can I repay that by offering a little tip of my own 😀 When you create a group change the blend mode of the group to normal then you don't get the ugly colour banding when you paint on the mask.

On 2/12/2020 at 2:51 PM, Murfee said:

Hi Olivio, I love your tutorials and have picked up quite a few ideas from you. Can I repay that by offering a little tip of my own 😀 When you create a group change the blend mode of the group to normal then you don't get the ugly colour banding when you paint on the mask.

Cool, i have to try that. Thank you!