You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adding simple curves makes my mac cook inside.

tndvsn

• 1 month later...

Hi,

New user to Affinity - on Mac. Have to say I'm feeling somewhat liberated using Affinity. Feels like a cool community here.

But also having similar problem. Not completely freezing but have to force quit. Mac takes a while to return back to normal.

It happened every time I used Photo and Designer after about ten minutes of use (not tried Publisher yet). And

In Designer it happened on an .ai file I opened. In Photo it was a jpg phone photo I loaded to edit.

Admittedly I'm running an early 2011 mac brook with High Sierra.  Intego on.

This morning I ran a new document in Designer, messing with curves and fonts, and also the .ai it crashed on last night. Cannot replicate yet, sorry. Running like a dream.

Managed to grab an Apple crash report from last night if it helps - Attached (for Designer).

Affinity_crash.txt

• Staff

Hi @Matt Dale,

Welcome to the forums. If it's all random, it's quite hard for us to replicate it here. Perhaps running a 10 year old macBook makes things even harder. If you do see a pattern, please create a new post with some steps and we can try to replicate it

Thanks Gabe,

Will try. Only constant seems to be after a few minutes use - in any of the three Affinity packages - machine slows right down and takes 10 minutes to recover after a force quit.

Spindump tops activity monitor until machine recovers. (Attached).

My master plan is to buy a new mac. Almost saved enough.

I'm with in the min specs for Affinity. MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB. High Sierra 10.13.6.

Reason for switching to Affinity was obviously to get away from Adobe, run on High Sierra, do a few more jobs, buy mac. Then covid happened (wife away on the NHS front line in Liverpool). Had a few job offers but can't work force quiting every 5 minutes. And would love to enter the 100days 100commissions.

Like I say. Will try. Repeating same command at set intervals against the clock until the machine slows.

Cheers,

Matt

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 20.00.26.png