You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush Experiment:Plant Sketch

StuartRc

Brush Experiment

Sketching new plant for Camouflage Project  using Organic Pattern Brushes and new inkPainter brush set...not vector yet!

Organic Pattern 04
inkPainter Texture
InnPainter Textured Ink 

Some of the test versions are in resources if you want to have a play!: Organic single Pattern Brushes

Plant Sketch_01@0.25x.jpg

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.5 2.2402
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

2 minutes ago, PatrickM said:

@StuartRc stunning image Stuart thumbup.gifclap.gif (and just for fun punk.gif) what a perspective. We both like plants and living organisms but with a different perspective... You -and your work- should definitely be highlighted in Serif Spotlight... don't understand why it is not yet done (or is it ?). I'll give a phone call to Serif 😉

Cheers,

Patrick

Funny!😀

Thanks Patrick...Oddly, it was the new image you added recently that gave me the inspiration to have a go...The plant itself is from simple sketch from the next Camouflage drawing (500x1500mm)..but it's raster not vector at the moment....Just wanted to see what you could achieve with the brushes just by painting..they work! I will upload the sketch...

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.5 2.2402
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

From a simple sketch

Sketch

Plant Ideas@0.25x.jpg
hacked this out of the ink drawing..
..Still WIP but the same plant is there

Artboard1@0.25x.jpg

Just now, PatrickM said:

I am happy (and honoured !) that some of my pictures gave you inspiration for some art... but I don't remember which one ? I've already posted (& hidden) a few here.

Did you post those brushes (I'm lost in all the brushes you made publicly available), I would test them on my photography to bring texture...

[humour on] What do you think about publishing a book together... mixing photography and sketches 😊 [humour on on] maybe not with APub yet [humour off off] [humour off]

Yep Sure..It was this one here:Plant
Largely because it reminded me of the Camouflage II 'lily' plant which I am trying to extend with some new leaves...
...I am always up for sketches....😀

The Organic Pattern Brush set...what else could the brushes for camouflage be!

Still working on this one
There are 4 sets complete which I keep adding to the Camouflage II thread..I have base texture patterns for about 6 sets at the moment... That will match Camouflage I...but also have a sample set in resources: here which is a mixed set including 'bark grunge' which is similar to organic pattern

The idea about layering patterns (which are vector before exporting) works reasonably well...I am writing this up at the moment..but it is pretty straightforward...

As an experiment I took 1 single base texture pattern (in 4 layers) and varied the visibility | transparency | density and created 30 experimental brushes.. They are in resources here: Experimental Organic Patterns. Set 4 incorporates some of these in the set.. This is also the base for the new style set at higher res...

There are a lot of brushes...it's been an evolutionary process...and really still learning..I only have one one large group persistently installed (inkBrush vector and raster) + vector texture brushes..Obviously Organic Pattern is installed while I am working on it...

I am working on another larger brush set inkPainter consisting of 7 brush groups (30 brushes each ).. It;' no where near finished..but using it for the latest drawing...Initially based on InkBrush for inktober 2017 but are much larger and have diverged the nozzles a lot....+ Pattern Base textures are creeping in Basically I was finding larger drawings needed larger brushes!

Hope that helps!

Artboard2@0.25x.jpg