You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector mask does not refresh automatically

Affinity Photo 1.8.163

macOS 10.15

If I create a vector mask using a curve and then adjust the curve with the Node tool, the masked area of the image doesn't refresh until I zoom in and out. 

Unmasking and re-masking (by dragging the curve in the Layers panel) also fixes the view but is even more cumbersome.

Cheers,

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

I don't see this behaviour on OS 10.12.6

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

I don't see this behaviour on OS 10.12.6

Works pretty well on OS 10.14.6 too

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

44 minutes ago, h_d said:

The old ways are the best... :10_wink:

Not always, but in the case of Mac OS Catalina, I agree with you 😉

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Chris B

Sorry for the delayed reply, only just seen your post. 

I'm afraid I'm still seeing the same behaviour with build .166

It also affects vector masks created with shape tools (eg a rectangle). Below I've masked with a rectangle, I move the rectangle around and I have to zoom in and out to update the mask. I then convert the rectangle to a curve, modify the shape with the Node tool and then move the curve around. Again I have to zoom in and out:

Catalina, Metal Compute enabled. MacBook Pro 2018 15", Radeon Pro Vega 20 4GB, but the graphics card doesn't appear to be kicking in with this build of Photo.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

I now see this happening in 166 on Mac 10.14.6 but I don't see it if I have the shape or curve as a mask in/under the Background Layer.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

4 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I don't see it if I have the shape or curve as a mask in/under the Background Layer.

Yes, that way works fine for me as well.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.