You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature Request: Interactive PDF

Just now, Empwan said:

Are we able to get an update on this feature being added or if it's completely out of scope.

Probably not, as Serif generally does not comment on possible future development.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 2/11/2020 at 1:35 AM, Aphelon said:

@Fixx sry, i must have overlooked that he uses a Mac ... a good Alternative for OSX might be PDFelement by wondershare ... you'd need the Pro-Licence though to create and edit forms ... I haven't used it myself (just heard about it), but theres a free trial that might be worth a look ... seems like it has some nice functionality with the forms ... I should take a better look at that myself :D

PDFelement is a joy compared to Acrobat, but to my horror it doesn't offer the option to embed fonts... I'm gonna look at Nitro and LibreOffice

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

+1

TL;DR: Creating form-fillable PDFs is at the very top of my feature wish-list for the Affinity Suite.

I'd like to add my enthusiastic interest for this feature.

I've been using the v1 Affinity Suite for quite some time now, and really enjoy the software for all manner of desktop publishing tasks.

Unfortunately, the bulk of my workload - both now, and in the foreseeable future - requires the creation of high quality, form-filled PDFs. Interactive drop-boxes, check boxes, text fields (both single line and area), plus radio buttons, all feature frequently in my current usage. More advanced options would also interest me if made available, though even the basics would be brilliant.

I'd love to make Affinity my #1 software suite for all things digital desktop, but until some fillable PDF creation features are added, I'm sadly stuck with using tools from other providers that, for several different reasons, I am far less satisfied with.

Edited by completenormal

• 4 months later...