You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AF: Weird colours when trying to make an HDR image

4 hours ago, Venyer said:

I have just uploaded a capture. How can I upload the original files?

The same way you uploaded the screenshot.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Generally that result is because the raw files aren't in a supported format, what camera are you using and what is the raw format.

This is a list of all supported camera in the 1.7.x versions: 

Do you use a custom profile for the monitor?

Are you on Mac or Windows?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the responses. The problem still there and I have no clue why it is happening. I am on Windows and I am not using any custom profile for the monitor. I have recently upgraded to the 1.8 version and it is still the same.

I'll try to upload the files.

I am trying to upload the files but there is a message of -200 and the upload fails. What can I do?

Morning Venyer, we need the RAW file not a JPG

The jpegs open fine in Develop persona

1998658071_ScreenShot2020-03-08at08_59_16.png.694c61eb28d787ee8c2323b148ff8561.png

What Camera and lens was used and what RAW file format is the original RAW file?

3 minutes ago, Venyer said:

I used the jpgs I uploaded with the same result. Could you try with the jpgs to check if the problem appears to you as well?

An HDR merge of your JPEGs is correctly coloured on my system, but that's a Mac. Someone with a Windows machine will try soon, I expect.

Can't open zip files, upload the raw file unzipped 

8 minutes ago, anon2 said:

An HDR merge of your JPEGs is correctly coloured on my system, but that's a Mac. Someone with a Windows machine will try soon, I expect.

I tried with the thumbnails I posted and they work fine but with the original files don't. Could you test it with the originals I uploaded as zip files?

17 minutes ago, Venyer said:

I used a Sony A7ii with a Samyang 35mm 2.8. The raw format is arw the one with the sony cameras.

Test_hdr.zip 66.42 MB · 4 downloads test_hdr_original_jpgs.zip 796.29 kB · 5 downloads

Just a note but the Samyang 35mm 2.8 isn't listed as a supported lens in this list.

3 minutes ago, Venyer said:

Only RIJ01018.ARW is OK after travelling via the forum. Sony's own software refuses to open the other two and reports that they are corrupt; AP and some other apps open them but produce a mess, not just the discolouration seen in your earlier post. However, I believe that the file corruption is a result of the upload to the Affinity forum. I think you'll need to upload the raw files to Dropbox or a similar service and post a link to them.

File RIJ010017.ARW seems to have a pink band across the middle which manifests itself in the output HDR. If I use the ACDC Picture Viewer, all three files look OK. I suspect that ACDC is using the embedded jpegs. It would seem that this RIJ010017.ARW is corrupt.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630