You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Any way to try before you buy?

If you buy it now, I don't think you will regret it.  As a casual user, like me, it will do everything that you needed Photoshop to do, and a lot that the older versions of Photoshop couldn't do.  I was still using PSCS3 and Affinity Photo is so much better and more fun to use.  It does do a number of things differently from Photoshop but there are excellent tutorial videos on the Home page.  And this forum is incredibly friendly and helpful whenever one runs into a problem or can't figure out how to do something.

True, but I did specify older versions and Chetko also mentioned that he gave up on Photoshop "years ago" so his experience may not be all that different from mine.  And the comparison was, after all, offered as personal opinion.  :)

Sorry, chetko.  I don't have On1 PhotoSuite.  Without a trial available, I think your best bet for the information you need to make a decision would be to click on the Affinity logo at the top of this page, then on Menu on the right side of that page and scroll down to Tutorials.  There are a number of them and they will give you a very good idea of what the program can do.

I checked out all the videos and some of my questions were answered. I also checked out some of the other support forums and it seems there are still a number of issues with Photo which makes me think the release from beta may have been slightly premature. With the On1 trial, even though it may not be as rich as Photo,  I know what I will be getting and that it is working without issues. So i will probably be going that route. Also, as noted in an earlier post that there will be a trial in a month - why not now?