You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Backspace not working

Bugs:

The only thing I struggle is that the "Backspace" when on new line (after "entering" text on a new lline) is not working as usual. I have to skip berfore and use "Shift + Backspace" to delete a charachter.

Edited by es-te

• Staff

@es-te Do you get this behavior on a new document?

Can you show me the history panel after attempting to press Enter so I can see what command it is trying to do?

I've split this into it's own thread by the way, it's nice to keep bugs away from the announcement threads if possible, also welcome to the forums!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi, I get this beahaviour on already created .idml document. The document was originally created in InDesign. In new blank document this behaviour does not appear and entering and deleting the space works fine.

In attachment you can see the History of the weird behaviour in already created document.

Greenshot 2020-02-07 08.09.43.png

Edited by es-te

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Has this been resolved? I'm dealing with the same problem here. I've got just a simple Text Box, and when I want delete text using the Backspace key it works perfectly fine until it gets to the beginning of the line - then it stays right there instead of jumping to the end of previous line and delete more text.

History shows the same thing like the above.

And I have few empty lines in this Text Box afterwards which I cannot delete therefore the Text Box cannot even be resized vertically.

There is apparently no conflict with Shortcuts regarding that Paragraph levels.

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 18.44.20.png

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 18.44.39.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.