You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector Crop, Preflight, Resource Manager, redraw quality

I experience some strange issues but can't tell what causes or influences the other. – The .afpub contains 1 linked JPG as copies in 4 objects with different layer opacity and cropped with the vector crop tool.  – In this screencast are 3 occurrences:

1. Selecting any of the cropped images with double-click doesn't select the particular item in the Resource Manager but its closed folder instead. I can't manage the folder to remain opened.

2. From sec 20: Though this 1 resource isn't missing it appears both on page and when clicking through its items in the Resource Manager in different preview quality/resolution. (besides their differently set layer opacity)

3. From sec 42: For 2 of the 4 objects the Preflight shows an alarm of Non-Proportional Scaling – though a check of the placed % in the toolbar doesn't show a difference.
(I move the objects temporarily off the page to detect which Preflight alarm is related to which object)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

Thanks. I could not replicate the first 2, but the 3rd one is interesting. Percentages across the app are integer numbers, and do not have decimals. So, in this case, you would not be able to see the proportions are slightly out. So, this is where the Preflight Panel comes in to play. Perhaps we could add a "Fix" button in the future to auto-round the values up/down to the nearest integer value. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.