You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Rolandas,
Thanks for the image/clarification. If the two objects are properly aligned (with their edges overlapping) then it should give you a clean shape without that division line although it some cases it does fail in doing so. We are currently improving this (geometry operations) in v1.8 Beta.

Do you mind attaching the afdesign file from which you have taken the screenshot above for us to check if the objects are properly aligned of if it's in fact a bug/failing case please? I would like to check it in v1.8 Beta and pass your file to the dev team for inspection if it also fails in the Beta. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

:) Yes, I can connect the figures, but I need different colors.

First duplicate the layers and combine one set of them and adjust the combined stroke. Place the other set on top with no stroke and change colors. The stroke of the bottom combined set should be visible but the shapes should have separate colors. One of many ways

5 minutes ago, PrinceCorwin said:

First duplicate the layers and combine one set of them and adjust the combined stroke. Place the other set on top with no stroke and change colors. The stroke of the bottom combined set should be visible but the shapes should have separate colors. One of many ways

Slight refinement: put the combined shape on top, change the fill to none. Then you can have an inside stroke if you want.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Another technique would be to group the layers and add an Outline Effect to the group.
This way you don’t have to adjust duplicate objects if things change.
Note: Only works with an “Outside” alignment of the outline (otherwise you can still see the outline where they touch).

Annotation 2020-02-05 140945.png