You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF Export Transparency problem

Hi There,

im used to have no troubles by having a black and white image, setting the layer blend mode to: Overlay. So the white parts are not visible. 

And usually if you write a PDF in Indesign it is also not visible, because you can set "reduce transparency".

If i write a PDF in Publisher there is a frame in size of the picture around it. Is there any soulution? It should be exported for print.

MAC OSX and Publisher latest versions.

Best

Jonas

Ok this is very strange. Now I tried a lot of different options. Text over the picture, Without Text etc. (There used to be a Page with pictures and Text in the document on Page 1 before) And exported it several times with the same settings. Removing some stuff from page1 as well. But for me it seems to do a frame around the signature randomly... Sometimes it appeared, sometimes not. Maybe it has to do something with the layers which I added in Photo (Contrast)?

I dont get it.

Files attached. Now it seem to work fine..

tester5.afpub tester5.pdf

• Staff

Hi jonasbonas,

Thanks for the file.  I can't replicate the issue either.  I'll continue to poke it some more this afternoon.

I know when a similar issue came up with another user, setting Rasterize to Nothing under the 'More' settings on the Export window resolved the issue.