You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange Colors of RAW photos in Affinity Photo

When I open photos captured in RAW format with Nikon D70 camera with Affinity Photo, the colors come out very off. For information, I attach herewith 4 images: 2 for each RAW photo opened with Affinity Photo and  Photoshop Elements that gives a truer color. Raw photos taken with other newer Nikon DSLR cameras are opened OK in Affinity Photo. What are the cause and solution? Thank you!

Opened with Photoshop Elements.jpg

Opened with Affinity Photo.jpg

070929-069(Opened with Affinity Photo).jpg

070929-069 (opened with Photoshop Elements).jpg

Hi Chris:

Here are the raw files of the photos. Hope you can open the .NEF photos! I also attach the exported jpg photos of these files opened today with the earlier Affinity Photo version 1.6.5.123 which seems to be working OK still. I found this out yesterday as I played around in trying to narrow down the issue. I presume there is something missing in the later AP version 1.7.3.481. This issue only happened to me at the start of this week. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Tong

070603-096.jpg

070929-069.jpg

070603-096.NEF 070929-069.NEF

• 5 months later...