You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where is Panel Preferences for the Swatches panel please?

I am trying to add the two .ase files for HKS colours, mentioned in a thread about HKS colours.

I have the Swatches Panel open and the Affinity Publisher help facility says about Panel Preferences 

To import a color palette:

1. Click Panel Preferences and select a palette type from the Import Palette sub-menu.
  2. Locate the file you want to import and click Open.

The newly imported palette will now be available to choose in the palette pop-up menu.

end quote

Yet I cannot seem to be able to find Panel Preferences.

Can anyone advise me on this please?

I have tried right-clicking on the Swatches Panel but nothing is shown.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

5 minutes ago, William Overington said:

Yet I cannot seem to be able to find Panel Preferences.

Standard hamburger menu:
image.png.5f786af328d79a102681ae078aa1b525.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you.

It seems that one needs to click that strange little squiggle over to the right at the top. If you have got the panel pulled out onto the page area, the strange little squiggle is just to the left of the x that I is at the top right. Maybe the word Preferences rather than the strangle little squiggle would be an improvement?

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

"Preferences" would take a lot of space :)

And the 3 bars is a fairly standard UI element for either Preferences, Settings, Menu, or More, I believe. The little pulldown arrow in the corner also hints that clicking it will provide additional information.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

"Preferences" would take a lot of space :)

And the 3 bars is a fairly standard UI element for either Preferences, Settings, Menu, or More, I believe. The little pulldown arrow in the corner also hints that clicking it will provide additional information.

Oh, it is meant to be three bars! Ah. Well, for me at least, it would be a lot clearer if the symbol were twice as high and two or three times wider. What you say is a pulldown arrow, before you explained, I wondered what that "full stop" was doing there! It can only provide a hint if one first realizes that it is a pulldown arrow!

William

Oops. I had move the swatches panel onto the publication, which was just a test and I did not save it.

I started a new document and I seem to have lost the Swatches Panel.

I closed Affinity Publisher, started it again and started a new document. Yet there is no swatches panel.

I have looked to try and turn it back on but I have not been able to find how to do it.

Can anyone help please?

William