I have tested (in the newest Beta Versions) to copy the *.propcols of BRUSHES, VECTORBRUSHES, FILLS and STYLES. No problems so far. And much less work ;)

Is this an (official or korrekt) way to do this or can it make problems? Is the format equal in all 3 applications? If YES, it would be nice to have the settings for this in only one directory (userdefined if YES or NO) to "synchronize" the Apps automatically. 

Only the ASSETS make problems. But maybe is one of them corrupt.

• Moderators

Hi Widestone,

You are using the method we would recommend for synchronizing between computers.  This shouldn't cause any problems.

As for the Assets file, do you get an error or do they just not import?

As for a shared folder for all of the settings, i know it's been mentioned before, so may happen at a later date :) 

13 minutes ago, Widestone said:

I forgot. I used the assets.propcol from Photo or Designer. And the Publisher crashed.

Same release level of Photo/Designer and Publisher? You wouldn't be able to copy a 1.8 .propcol file to a 1.7 application successfully.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 20H2 (19042.685),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop (2021-04-06):  32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz
, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Affinity Photo 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1048 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1048 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.2.1024 Beta

2 hours ago, Widestone said:

While starting Publisher makes some *.propcol - Backups and decreases the 2 brushes.propcols. Are some brushes incompatible and will deleted or why does Publisher this (also in the former beta)?

If I remember correctly there was a problem with the *.propcol files never decreasing in size, even if the user had deleted some brushes. Possibly you're just seeing the effect of cleaning up the files to eliminate wasted space for previously deleted brushes.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 20H2 (19042.685),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop (2021-04-06):  32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz
, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Affinity Photo 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1048 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1048 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.2.1024 Beta