You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi guys,

after the affinity designer i bought also the affinity photo. I love youre tools.

I am graphicdesigner and i i use a lot of psd mockups to show my designs to my customers but how can i use the tons of mockup templates, that i have in your tools.

For example this one http://www.pixeden.com/psd-mock-up-templates/silver-foil-logo-mock-up-template

I would like to clear this question before picking up the AP deal.  ^_^

Especially displaying logos in mockups is a thing for me, so I definitely use this feature a lot – talking about smartobjects here.

Sure a lot of these things are made with layer effects in Photoshop, and sure one can easily replicate these layer-effects in AP.

But what I really need is to be able to replace the »logo-template-instance-layer« with my own … this is a very important feature for many, many designers I think.

Anyone has an answer on this one, are there plans to integrate it in the future? I can't find it on the roadmap either …  :(

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

I agree, this does need to be cleared up. how do you use existing smart objects in affinity for mock up purposes. its a huge resource for designers when displaying their designs and helps transfer a concept into a real world situation for the client

Hi, i've put together a quick tutorial on this, it all depends on where you place your logo/image.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/11235-using-mockups-in-affinity-photo/

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Hi mystraberrymonkey,

i am very happy that you and the team is helping us in this question. GREAT SUPPORT !!!!!!

But i will attach some example mockups. But in private because i bought them. Maybe you could show it here also.

How can i send you the logo mockup?

BR

Mark

No worries, click on my avatar and there you will be able to send a PM, just to be aware I have tried with some mock ups and it does not always work. I'm sure the dev's are working to better support smart objects.

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Thanks mystrawberrymonkey for this quick look at some of the technics to use mockups!

When I was talking about mockups I thought about this free mockup for example I wanted to use.

I had to create a logo that eventually was produced as a logo last week, ended up using PS for

this mockup. I think mockups like this are really really – really – difficult and time consuming to

reproduce without the smart objects being importing properly. (I think, honestly I haven't even tried.)

Rubber-Stamp-PSD-MockUp-full.jpg

Thanks mystrawberrymonkey for this quick look at some of the technics to use mockups!

When I was talking about mockups I thought about this free mockup for example I wanted to use.

I had to create a logo that eventually was produced as a logo last week, ended up using PS for

this mockup. I think mockups like this are really really – really – difficult and time consuming to

reproduce without the smart objects being importing properly. (I think, honestly I haven't even tried.)

Hi, Mr Doodlezz.

Again all depends on the mock up. The ones I use were using masks so it was a lot easier to work with.

Just spent few minutes playing with the file you attached in Affinity Photo and got some decent results, if you drop your logo under the mask in the Mark Layer > Group Layer > Mask and if needed use the Perspective tool, for it to look like it fits on the paper correctly, add another copy of the logo and again use the perspective tool to line it correctly on the stamp and remember to turn the original off. It will work, I have attached my quick example, only took a few minutes then I played with the bevel and 3D settings for the layer effects for the logo on the stamp. Again depending on your logo you may not need that..

Yes having support for smart objects would be beneficial, but in some cases there is always a work around.  :)

Allan

post-9020-0-03242500-1437928270_thumb.jpg

Oh, I see! That’s actually an acceptable solution mystrawberrymonkey.

The thing is … I'm a really picky perfectionist when it comes to stuff like this.

Well, actually I am picky in all design related stuff – even if it’s »just a mockup«.  ^_^

I ended up with this one, using PS (sorry about that, but I saw no other solution at that point).  :unsure:

Any idea how to achieve this real »rubber stamp« feeling?

Think I need to fiddle this out sometime and save myself a new mockup.

post-5367-0-49488400-1437934329_thumb.jpg

Actually … why don’t we start some kind of resource thread for mockups ready made for AP and AD,

that would be a really nice thing! Or is there an existing thread like this already?  :)

Edit: Oh I totally forgot to mention that I had to readjust the logo about six or seven times, three

changes day or so. Just thinking about tweaking that mockup every time by hand gives me frustration.  :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

I also am increasingly using PSD mockups for logos, brochures etc. Being able to simply drop a logo and have it viewable with ready-made perspective adjustments save a ton of time. Can AD do this?  This thread doesn't seem to have been visited by anyone from Affinity yet.

• Staff

Hi Pixelian,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No, not yet. Without warp and perspective distortion tools in Designer we are limited to some very basic distortion operations (skewing basically).

So unless the image is an axonometric projection there's no way to fit a logo correctly. Things will get easier as soon as we have those tools available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 8/21/2015 at 5:59 AM, MEB said:

Hi Pixelian,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No, not yet. Without warp and perspective distortion tools in Designer we are limited to some very basic distortion operations (skewing basically).

So unless the image is an axonometric projection there's no way to fit a logo correctly. Things will get easier as soon as we have those tools available.

Any news on this, MEB?

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2020 at 12:16 PM, habibsyafiudin said:

please help us about mock up with perspective!

See:

Reusing the APh Perspective filter then inside of Designer, since that can preserve vectors.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 4 months later...