You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey guys,

I'm new to Affinity and I'm using Designer on my iPad Pro at the moment. I just realised there isn't a View Tool on the iPad which I think you have on the desktop version; and there is a couple of questions came to my mind and I'll be so grateful if anyone could answer,

1 - At the Preferences configuration, you can modify the double tap action with the View Tool, while there isn't one. Was it supposed to be the Move Tool instead? Because there isn't a double tap modifying option for the Move Tool

2 - Is pinching gesture the only way to do artboard zooming and moving (beside holding the Navigator Studio and drag, which is only zooming)? I think it would be so handy if View Tool is available, or even the shortcut 'H' and 'Command +/-/(numbers)', considering keyboard is commonly paired with an iPad nowadays. Pinching while holding an Apple Pencil is not quite pleasant in my opinion. :-(

Thanks in advance!

FBDF92C0-79AB-4A0E-B8D0-002DE044000D.png

4 hours ago, Synth said:

Is pinching gesture the only way to do artboard zooming

You can double tap on the navigator to toggle between current view and zoomed view. Eg. Tap 200% tab and double tap on navigator view to toggle between normal and 200%.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• Staff

Hi Synth,

Welcome to the forums :)

18 hours ago, Synth said:

I just realised there isn't a View Tool on the iPad which I think you have on the desktop version

Unfortunately Affinity Designer iOS doesn't currently have a View Tool, this is a bug in with the UI for Pencil settings and this is logged with our developers - I'll be sure to bump the report with your post now.

I've also requested a reason behind the View Tool being unavailable and once I receive a response I will create an improvement log with our devs to include this in a future version :)

18 hours ago, Synth said:

I think it would be so handy if View Tool is available, or even the shortcut 'H' and 'Command +/-/(numbers)', considering keyboard is commonly paired with an iPad nowadays.

We're hoping to include support for custom keyboard shortcuts in the future, so hopefully this will become possible with this. In the meantime you can try the workaround provided by DM1 above!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!