You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Show AF Region not available for Nikon D5100

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to see what my focus point was on my RAW images files via Development mode in Affinity Photo. I have looked at the Focus tab when in Development mode, but it does not show my my AF Region or Focus point. The box that says "Show AF Regions" is grey and does not let me check the box. I am using a Nikon D5100. I have used your link to attach the RAW image file as an example, and a screen shot of Affinity Photo Focus tab. 

Can someone please take a look at this, and what I would like is a solution to this. 

DSC_0019.NEF

AffinityPhoto_AF.jpg

• Staff

Hi Free Beck,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately this feature is only available for use with certain camera models and the Nikon D5100 is not one of these, my apologies.

Although Nikon do write this EXIF data to the RAW file, it's not data that can be ready currently by Affinity Photo, so you may need to use the 1st party Nikon processor to see these.

We're constantly updating and improving Affinity, including our supported list of camera for this feature - hopefully your camera will be included in a future update, but I cannot guarantee this currently.

I hope this clears things up!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

To partially answer my own question, I'm back at my desk and just tested this myself.

This function indeed does not work for my Nikon D7500 images either. So in all likelihood this feature doesn't work with any Nikon dx model and most likely with no Nikon cameras. 

So, anyhoo, this is on my wish-list as well for Affinity. I'd much prefer having this feature available in Affinity (including in the Photo Persona (and in all personas for that matter)) than having to use Nikon's..., well..., how shall I say... somewhat frustrating? software.

• 8 months later...
On 2/3/2020 at 11:33 AM, Dan C said:

Hi Free Beck,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately this feature is only available for use with certain camera models and the Nikon D5100 is not one of these, my apologies.

Although Nikon do write this EXIF data to the RAW file, it's not data that can be ready currently by Affinity Photo, so you may need to use the 1st party Nikon processor to see these.

We're constantly updating and improving Affinity, including our supported list of camera for this feature - hopefully your camera will be included in a future update, but I cannot guarantee this currently.

I hope this clears things up!

Hi Dan C

Where can we find  the said list of Cameras Models for checking if mine is included

Sony A7II

• Staff
10 hours ago, LucieJ said:

Where can we find  the said list of Cameras Models for checking if mine is included

Unfortunately we don't have a master list of these models currently, but I will suggest that one is written by our dev team :)

10 hours ago, LucieJ said:

Sony A7II

Our current implementation (due to the way Camera Manufactures include this data differently within RAW files), means that we can only read this information from Canon images, my apologies.

We have been in contact with other manufactures, such as Nikon and Sony, however we require their support to allow more RAW files to use this feature, and thus far we have been met with a rather 'tepid' reception.

We hope to add support for new manufacturers in the future, but I cannot be more specific that this at this time. I hope this clears things up!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)