You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to "auto import" into Affinity via a "watched folder"?

I currently use Lightroom and PS.

My workflow is this: I shoot with an Eye Fi card and it sends the files to a folder on my drive that LR "watches" and then when there are files to import, it auto-imports them.

Is there such a function in Affinity at the moment?

Open automator and create a new folder action.  Select the folder that you want to watch in upper right, type "open" in the search bar on left panel, drag "open finder items" to the right pane and select affinity designer or affinity photo as the application.

Typically, when people ask me how to do something my answer is google it.  It truly is simple.

I have automator actions set up to ftp iTunes backups to a NAS, folders that get date and time stamps added to the file names, automator programs that I can drag images on to an icon and the images will be automatically resized.  The possibilities are unlimited once you learn how to use automator.  Best of luck!

Open automator and create a new folder action document.  Select the folder that you want to watch in upper right, type open in the search bar on left panel, drag "open finder window" to the right pane and select affinity designer or affinity photo as the application.

Typically, when people ask me how to do something my answer is google it.  It truly is simple.

I have automator actions set up to ftp iTunes backups to a NAS, folders that get date and time stamps added to the file names, automator programs that I can drag images on to an icon and the images will be automatically resized.  The possibilities ar unlimited once you learn how to use automator.  Best of luck!

I understand, I googled it too but this is as far as I got.

I set a watched folder and I set it to launch Affinity when photos move into the folder.

But that's not what I want. I want affinity to import the photos open like LR does. It's like tethering without a cable.

Here is a video showing what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYxd_imVg4g