You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush Factory 2 - more free Textured Intensity Brushes

AnnieW

After doing Brush Factory 1 I'd like to present to you Brush Factory 2. 

This is a set of Textured Intensity Brushes for Affinity Designer. My aim is to create repeating patterns that distort as little as possible. I do this by using the following work arounds (which work for 1.7.3):

• Source file image for the pattern has an aspect ratio of 1
  • Patterns repeat 3 times within the source image to prevent issues with repetitions
  • Brush offset values are set to 80 and 159,4 to ensure pixel perfect repetitions in loops and skewed lines

Source of the patterns is a 240*240px image. This is a rather small image, so in wide lines, the edges of the pattern blur. I’ve created the patterns as a vector drawing, feel free to ask for a brush from a larger source (less blurry) if you need one. @StuartRc says helpful things about the size of sources

When using these brushes on a tightly curving curve or a sharp corner they of course do deform. Experiment with the brush setting for Corners and the Stroke Cap to find the best solution for your project.

The attached .zip file contains a PDF with examples and 14 brushes files to import into Affinity Designer.

813431476_BrushFactory2Examples.thumb.png.fbf25f98dac87b212a4ce0ef126a7384.png

410906290_BrushFactory2.png.e6d16e1ce4fdc54dbd4674130e524474.png

Brush Factory 2.zip