You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Have you noticed the date?

William Overington

58 minutes ago, Kasper-V said:

it works ... without the century

How so, Steve? That would be 2-2-20 or 02-02-20, neither of which is palindromic. think.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, Kasper-V said:

Yes, it works in US and UK formats, and with/without the century. Last time this happened, so I'm told, was 01/01/1010, and most people outside the church wouldn't have had a clue what the date was!

Now I’m curious as what the church found significant regarding 01/01/1010, Google didn’t find any special church reference to that date.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

Guys, my brain has taken a sabbatical! While I wait for it to come back, (a) no, it doesn't work without the century (unless you change the order of the digits a little, and (b) I must have meant 10/10/1010 (or possibly 01/01/0101, when probably nobody used that date format anyway, even without the leading zero). 
I wonder if any date palindromes work in Roman numerals? No, actually I don't care! I'm gonna go and lie down now :(

1 hour ago, Kasper-V said:

(b) I must have meant 10/10/1010

No, 01/01/1010 would be correct, as 10/10/1010 isn't a palindrome.

(Of course, none are truly palindromes with the / or - separator characters in place :) )

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

17 hours ago, Noxxi said:

so exciting 🤣🤒

The PDF document allows one to find the name of the font, using Adobe Reader. (Right click on the document, select Document Properties... then choose the Fonts panel).

Then, if one so wishes, one can search the web and one can find the font and download it and give it a go in Affinity Publisher if one so chooses. And/or any application program of your choice.

I designed and produced the font myself, and my licence for using the software used in that production is at the top level, so it is alright for me to say that.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.