You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can I display thumbnails in the bottom of the works space so I do not have to open and close each file? Opening and closing each file takes way to much time when editing hundreds of images from a photo shoot. I do not see any indication of this ability in the help area.

RJ

Edited by RJC

@RJC, are your photo files saved in the JPEG or one (or more) of the many RAW formats? Are you a Mac or Windows user?

I ask because there are various ways to preview each of them before opening any of them in an Affinity app, some of which depend on the file format or OS you use.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi All,

Thank you for all your comments. Unfortunately for me I have to be able to copy and past settings as in RAW processing. I do modeling series with measured Color Temperature and sharpening among other settings that I have to copy and paste to each of my images. I can shoot up to 400 images in one session. I bought Affinity without knowing that it was not a photo production tool that is more designed for someone who only takes one or two pictures. The work flow in Affinity is just to clunky and time consuming. I think I wasted my money. I shoot strictly RAW and only use JEPG for what it is intended. JPEG is used for a web viewing and transmission file only. All my prints are from RAW and uncompressed TIFF.  Thank you all again. 

Edited by RJC

14 minutes ago, RJC said:

I bought Affinity without knowing that it was not a photo production tool that is more designed for someone who only takes one or two pictures.

AP is not designed for mass 'developing' of RAW files but it offers a lot of features for editing individual photos, like retouching; adding text, shapes, & other graphic elements to them; applying a variety of filters & adjustments (both destructive & none destructive); exporting to various file formats; soft proofing; color space conversion; & much more.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I had the perfect program that I was using, It was called Aperture for Mac. Aperture was designed for professional photographers and it was great. Apple decided to stop supporting Aperture so that ended. Apple Photos caters to iPhone and casual pictures of kids birthdays. Then I started and have been using the Nikon software that has a real professional work flow as it is designed for large photoshoots. However recently, either due to OS Catalina or the last version of Capture NX-D. It will no longer retain edits even though it creates an .xmp file for that image. I am in a conversation with Nikon at this time and so far they have been real responsive. But the problem has not been resolved yet. So now I have a 320 image modeling photoshoot to edit and I am trying to adapt to Corel Aftershot Pro 3. With that program I can see thumbnails in the bottom and I do not have to open and close and I can copy and paste to RAW files. However I am also in a conversation with Corel as there is an update or newer version of the program that the updater is broken and Apple Updater will not let it run. Corel is problematic and not good with customer service. ....... I want My Aperture back. LOL. The big problem I have with Corel Aftershot Pro is that it does not support Maps which Affinity does. So when I come back from a photo safari and I have geotagged my pictures, I need to know where I took the pictures. 

Edited by RJC

Aperture was nice but when it ended I went to Lightroom.

When the subscription started I left Adobe.

I thought on1 would  be my lightroom replacement but it didn't work out.

Others are happy with on1.

Now I use FastRawViewer to to cull photos off the card.

DXO to process the RAW photos and finish with Affinity.

I don't batch process hundreds of photos however.

BTW this guy claims to be able to use Aperture on Catalina.

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey