You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File Save AS back to Source Folder - URGENT

Originally Posted September 24, 2019 in the Feature Request Section - since then many people have posted to add their voice ! Someone suggested Posting it here also, so I have.

Affinity is a Superb and Affordable program which I use all the time. I'm grateful that it exists and I recommend it to everyone.

Whenever I choose Save As or even more important File Export Save As, I end up in my Windows Default Save location (Drive and Folder), which I never want, so I end up wasting a lot of time browsing to the correct folder. Almost always this is the location from which the file was loaded. I looked but I was not able to find any way to set this in the Preferences.

It would be extremely useful to allow the user to be able to enable such a feature:  Save As and Export Save As to use the Source Folder of the File.

Thanks,

Dan

Obivously not enough people are signing on to get serious attention from Affinity, but I believe for every one person who has commented that they want the option, there are at least 50 more people who would if they noticed this request.

If you agree please get more people to put their voice into this request !

In any case the most important thing about this request is that:

1 Those who like it the way it is (no choice) need not worry that this would change

2 This is not something that is very difficult to do. No major programming project to simply give this choice to the user.

3 The best programs always pay attention to the users feedback, and when possible, with little costs in time, they make the users happy. This vastly improves the customer relation and results in the best word of mouth recommendations resulting in more sales. Everyone wins.

Thanks for a great program,

Dan

13 hours ago, drdancm said:

Originally Posted September 24, 2019 in the Feature Request Section

Sorry, but what's the point of making two exactly the same requests in exactly the same thread?

P. S. The destination folder for frequently re-export can be pre-filled in the Export Persona.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.