You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Clothing design for manufacturing

Mr Techpack

Hey guys, 

Just curious to see if anyone else uses Affinity Designer for clothing design and illustration? I've been using it to work with outdoor clothing manufacturers since 2016 and literally do not know any other designers who use use it. Am I alone? I can't understand why everyone is not using it as I've never looked back since making the switch from Adobe!

Anyway, I'd love to hear if anyone in this forum is using Affinity design and develop clothing so we can exchange tips etc, etc.

Some of my design work that's been created with Affinity can be seen at mrtechpack.com - I've also added some designer resources that can be downloaded for free incase anyone finds it useful.

Thanks and happy illustrations!

Mr Techpack

kind.jpg

• 4 months later...

looks amazing, saw your button and zip pack, are you still willing to share your awesome resources?

I am moving from Illustrator to this software, a bit upset that I am loosing all my stitches and other bits I have gathered and created over the years. Transition is never nice - steep learning curve.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/1/2020 at 10:04 AM, Mr Techpack said:

Some of my design work that's been created with Affinity can be seen at mrtechpack.com

Getting a warning coming up in the browser about the site might be trying to steal information however if I allow the browser to try to go to the site then I get a 403 error and the site doesn't load. Might be a CloudFlare issue possibly?

Great work by the way though.

Best wishes,

Mark

2 hours ago, markbowen said:

Getting a warning coming up in the browser about the site might be trying to steal information however if I allow the browser to try to go to the site then I get a 403 error and the site doesn't load. Might be a CloudFlare issue possibly?

The issue, according to Firefox, is that the site does not support encryption. And the warning it gave me was not that the site might try to steal information, but rather that information is not safe in transit from the browser to the site, because there is no encryption. And therefore, others on the network might be able to steal the information.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

47 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The issue, according to Firefox, is that the site does not support encryption. And the warning it gave me was not that the site might try to steal information, but rather that information is not safe in transit from the browser to the site, because there is no encryption. And therefore, others on the network might be able to steal the information.

Was using Vivaldi here and that's what I got about it maybe trying to steal information. Different browsers, different messages I suppose.

I still can't actually load the site though as get a 403 error here. So is it loading for everyone else then?

Best wishes,

Mark

Version 68 of the Google Browser introduced this "not secure" warning for pages which don't use a secure connection (HTTP vs. HTTPS / SSL) with that pages. Other browser developers copied this behaviour since. That doesn't automatically mean the page is a risk for your system.

More info, i. e.: https://www.digicert.com/dc/blog/not-secure-warning-what-to-do/

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

Hey guys I asked the “bug hacker” ( they solve issues with webs not actual hackers XD) guys on Reddit if they could diagnose the issue and tell what the problem was (our end or theirs) and actually the page is down so don’t keep trying. It used to be host in Shopify and now the domain is empty cuz the site no longer exist so not a matter of browsers nor the owner locking the content. He just deactivated the store.