You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pen/cursor Glitching

FOXDIE

Using Windows 10

Cursor/pen glitch happens whenever I leave Affinity photo and access another application

I'm using both the latest updated version of Affinity Photo and I've tried an older version (1.7.0 I believe). Whenever I am using the program and I access another application such as an internet browser, the brush tool stops being responsive.This only happens when I am using my drawing pad (Cintiq 16). The glitch stops me from making free-flowing lines and will only make a straight line from the point I touched the pen down (or clicked) to the point where I stopped. Images provided to help me explain this better.

myissue.png

Thank-you so much for the quick reply, however this solution did not work. I've recently found that the glitch happens more frequent if I got straight to the another app without minimizing Affinity photo. It also happens more frequently when click on something within the app (such as a photo in google images or what have you).

Please see if this FAQ is of any help

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/99542-faq-problem-workaround-wacom-tablet-brush-only-draws-straight-lines-pan-tool-not-working-windows/&tab=comments#comment-532601

Note: This problem may have already been fixed in the 1.8 beta you would need to try it to confirm

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Well good news bad news. Bad news first, apparently my google-fu isn't as good as I thought it once was. Thanks so much for finding that article. Good news is that I think that actually might have solved the issue. I can seem to re-create it. Thank you so much, the both of you. Will post back if I encounter the bug again.

On 1/31/2020 at 10:35 PM, debraspicher said:

Try turning up (or off) "double click" distance if you're using a Wacom. That can interfere with the brush tool and cause the straight line effect.

New user, coming from Photoshop, using a Wacom, and this suggestion helped right away, thank you! I'm still noticing a slight, undesired straight line at the beginning of curved strokes, especially when drafting swiftly. Is there another suggested fix to try? I turned off Windows Ink, but that doesn't seem to do anything noticeable.