You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi friends,

I have not found a way to merge some layers down as when you have copied some images, and so on and you do not want to have to many, repeated and wish to make it just one. This will make the work less heavy and simplify the flow work panorama. I can do it in all the apps I have used, even in my ipad.

It may be that there is a way that I not know. And of course, a different way, I have purchased APh bcause somehow it is different from Ps but i I cannot say that after so many years I am not satisfied with the way Ps does work, So....I simply wish to know the APH ways,

thanks as always...

Greetings from Bilbao, Spain

Rosa

Thank you so.

Sometimes I wonder why things become like "invisible" for me. Obviously this is the right way and it has always been there in front of my nose!!! I guess you have shown two different eays of doing it, is that?...one more thing. This is not reversible...is that so? Once they have merged and I have exited the app. if I open the compositon, they will turned into a unique one.

Do not worry to answer. I will try it and see it i by my own, I know you are really usy with so many people questions.

Thank you so much.

Rosa

Thank you so.

Sometimes I wonder why things become like "invisible" for me. Obviously this is the right way and it has always been there in front of my nose!!! I guess you have shown two different eays of doing it, is that?...one more thing. This is not reversible...is that so? Once they have merged and I have exited the app. if I open the compositon, they will turned into a unique one.

Do not worry to answer. I will try it and see it it by my own, I know you are really usy with so many people questions.

Thank you so much.

Rosa

Thank you all of you three.

The first method really meets the necessity of not having so many layers in a conposition, when they are not necessary at all. Sometimes you just have to make three copies or at least two with different effects or blendingd or so. W

hynshould I keep them all?

Bur the second method is, at least for me , very interesting. On the one hand it eill increase the number of layers, The original ones plus the merged one. But it may happen that one could export the merged layer for another ocassion.for being used in another conposition, and that is a noveltyl I will follow your advices and try them all, firstly, just to see if I have got it. I am used to working in ipad apps where you cannot work with all the layers you want, At least in the painting ones, The vectorial apps like Idraw and so are more free in using as much layers as you will need, As I find very interesting for me to work with the biggest sizes they can allow, I am used to merge down many of them, beginning with Procreate that is so far in my opinion, the best one, You must mostly all the time with two or three layers and keep on merging them down, So....that was my question and I feel that It have been wonderfully answered.

thank you so much,

Greetings from Bilbao, Spain.

Ro

rosa,

If you use the second method: hide the layers you want to keep, then right click on one of the visible layers in the Layers panel and select Merge Visible, Affinity Photo will create a new layer with the merged contents, keeping the originals intact

So, if I duplicate the background layer, and then highlight all the layers except the original background layer, and select merge visible I should get something akin to the stamped layer you can achieve in Photoshop?