You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Got a refund from Apple

WaySayer

I wrote a review on the App Store, saying Affinity Photo only crashes on my iPad Air. Then I got a refund from Apple, so my review has disappeared.

i got a response from a developer asking me to post here so they could address it. Not really my problem now, but I don’t like to ignore people who are well-intentioned.  I got one photo developed from RAW, and then nothing ever worked.  I tried to develop Canon CR3 compressed RAW files.  They’re pretty large, 20MB+.

Apple’s Photos app also crashes occasionally, but if I save a cropped version first, it helps.  Maybe it needs an iPad Pro or maximum memory.

• Staff

Hey WaySayer,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums and thank you for coming here to post.

We are currently trying to collect as many CR3 files as we possibly can to further improve support for these files. Could I kindly ask you to upload a few samples to the developer Dropbox link found in this thread:

I am also seeing reports of crashes on iPad Air and some of the smaller non-pro iPads. This is also being looked at. Thank you.