You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Section Manager, split panel not resizeable

2 hours ago, Jon P said:

I'm not fully sure what you mean by the split panel, the panel on the left isn't re sizable and isn't meant to be - a scrollbar will appear if a section name is too large

Attached what I meant. Would be possible to move horizontally the separation between sections and section detail?

Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 13.52.30.png

5 hours ago, juanborras said:

In the section manager windows, the split panel is not resizeable, is this so?

No, it isn't. Instead you simply can resize the 1st column by dragging the left or right window edge ... probably endless ;)

1494986484_sectionmanager1.jpg.b27146bace388ba12f875109c4029365.jpg  >>>

2090952339_sectionmanager2.thumb.jpg.45b6e1bc9ed294fa1867e98621f4b507.jpg

57 minutes ago, Jon P said:

on Mac so I have logged this

Jon, would you mind to modify or extend your logging for the Resource Manager window on mac? There increasing the window doesn't expand the 1st column (with file names) but the last column "Placed DPI" instead for no purpose, which demands to manually expand the column "Name" afterwards.

1012543059_resourcemanager.thumb.jpg.54133cdc4216608700e2f066073751a3.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

So it is, it is different on Windows - so either way the behavior should be the same between Mac/Windows!

I guess with Resource Manager you would expect all columns to expand equally when resizing the window, not just the name column? 

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

4 minutes ago, thomaso said:

but the last column "Placed DPI" instead for no purpose,

It's not quite for no purpose, as it's also expanding the bottom line (just above the Locate button) which gives the full name of the highlighted entry.

But I agree it would be nice for the full name field to expand, though that feels more like a feature request than a bug report :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, Jon P said:

So it is, it is different on Windows - so either way the behavior should be the same between Mac/Windows!

Can't a windows user scale the Section Manager window? – In case you think about removing this ability for mac and replace it with a scrollbar: Only the widend window will show a long text entry entirely, the scrollbar solution wouldn't.

2 hours ago, Jon P said:

I guess with Resource Manager you would expect all columns to expand equally when resizing the window, not just the name column? 

No, please not! Only the "Name" column can be a reason to widen the window. The other columns won't ever need more space, their content will hardly change in lengths.

So it would be useful in case the window gets expanded that the Name column gets wider, but not, as currently, the Placed DPI column, nor any other.

1. Expanded "Name" column: space for long file names
991241921_resourcemanager3.thumb.jpg.86403dfc69e10695b556f47014184a5c.jpg

2. Expanded "Placed DPI" column: much space for, hm, nothing:

128811078_resourcemanager1.thumb.jpg.510abdd74d9e0655213f993097f1889d.jpg

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

It's not quite for no purpose, as it's also expanding the bottom line

No, not the Placed DPI column does increase the available space for a selected resource path, this space increases with the window width, regardless of any single column width above.
– Yes, it's not a bug – I just thought to mention it here since Jon had logged this thread even though the Section window and its text column can be expanded on mac. So, instead of wasting this 'ticket' I thought it could be used for the very similar fix in the Resource Manager ;)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.