You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD, AP] Gradients question

Thanks, but still a question about gradients along a curve, not perpendicular. For example Black to White where curve is black at first point - and white at last. Not simply Horizontal/Vertical/Radial - but with respect to actual curvature

Ah, right, I think I see what you mean now.
So you want the gradient to ‘follow’ the curve, changing from one end to the other no matter where the curve goes (a bit like my attached quick mock-up).
I don’t think we can do this yet, at least in any kind of automated way.
I’d be interested in knowing if I was wrong though as it sounds like a nice feature to have.

Annotation 2020-01-31 144429.png

• 4 months later...

@G13RL: Hi, your example is an effect I would like to use too. I can reproduce the effect on the right using layer effects, but the one I'd really like to use is the one on the left. Can you explain how you accomplished that, please?

Hope you don't mind me showing up this late....

Regards and Thanks in advance

@LionelD  

Hi, I created a brush from the gradient square above the line.
To create this effect, create a square with the desired horizontal gradient, export it as a png (Selection Without Background).
Go to the "Brushes" tab in the studio, choose the category to add the brush to (or create a new category), click on the "Hamburger" to the right of the tabs (near the close button) and choose "New Textured Image Brush".
Click on the png in the explorer (Windows), "Open". The brush is added to the open category.
When using the brush, remove the color of the outline in the "Colour" tab of the studio so that it appears in colour.

To have the effect on the right, simply orient the square vertically and create the brush.

I hope this helps, regards.