I am attempting to create some custom tab measurements in a document. I found this great tutorial: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/publisher/desktop/video/337313448/ 

However, My "Frame Text Ruler" is completely MIA?!? I have it selected to appear (screen cap included), however all I see is the little "fi" typography button... nothing more to the right.

Running: Mac OS Catalina Vers. 10.15.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

I did discover that I can add/adjust tabs in the Paragraph panel under "Tab Stops." However, the functionality of the ruler would be awesome. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 11.14.18 PM.png

You have Art Text selected, the Text Ruler only works on Frame Text

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be worried about.

Ahhhhh, I see now. Thank you! The video made it a little confusing as it showed text much like I already had text. It just showed highlighting the text and selecting "frame text tool." Which is what I did... but, when I try to create a new text box with "frame text tool" selected, then I see the ruler. I must have created the original text with "art text" selected. :) 

Text Ruler is missing for me.. have read all the user comments,, tried all the suggestions - ZERO Success

Really am reconsidering Afiinity Products - How can I set out paragraph text without this basic tool

image.png.a70b6a2d52ed3a04a8212185213b038f.png

Does not even show up in the Views Menu!

UPDATE - did a windows Repair and still no TEXT RULER

Turned off my external monitor and still no TEXT RULER

Edited by gary danang
Update

“Rulers” does not include the Text Ruler, that’s handled differently.
Also, the Text Ruler is only available in Publisher because it’s only for Text Frames – your screen-grab looks like it is from Designer.

Edited by GarryP
Made a mistake.

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

Also, the Text Ruler is only available in Publisher because it’s only for Text Frames

<pedantic>
Both Designer and Publisher have Frame Text, and Frame Text occurs within a Text Frame.

However, Publisher has additional capabilities for its Text Frames, with one of those new capabilities being the Text Ruler :)
</pedantic>

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.651 Beta.

Oops, yeah, sorry, I was in a rush.
I’ve fixed the post above.
If we could get a full-screen screen-grab it might be easier to see what’s going on but I’m fairly sure that the application isn’t Publisher; e.g. there’s no “Show Text Flow” or “Preview Mode” items in the menu either.