You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi people,

Where does the document paper size come from, when one is setting up a new document? I have an image to help make sense out of my question. I'm trying to set up a pair of 5x7 or A5 images, on a sheet of letter ANSI A paper. This is a very long document that I want to print on both left and right text boxes on both sides of the paper. It's pretty much like a newspaper layout except for the sizes. Would it be better to use the "book" setting? I have attached a screencap of what I see after setting up the document in "new". I don't understand where the dimensions under "custom" came from. They are larger than expected, sometimes much larger.

Any suggestions and clarification welcome!

James

odd sizes.jpg

• Staff

Your Page Preset is showing custom because your spread dimensions are not the standard Letter ANSI A standard of 8.5in by 11in, to have your pages displayed side be side as you would see in a newspaper please click on Document Setup and enable the Facing pages option in the Layout tab.