You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why I can't delete Adobe yet...

I really love the Affinity Suite. I want to see Adobe crash and burn. I know all the Affinity Shortcuts and can use it with ease.

BUT... I can't quite delete Adobe off my computer just yet...

HERE'S WHY:

1. Affinity slows down on larger hi-res raster projects. Affinity has this appearance of "speed and efficiency" when you start off, but it's just high FPS. It looks flashy and feels nice. But once the images are hi-res for large scale projects, Affinity can't efficiently manage & optimise system resources without requiring faster hardware. Whereas on Adobe Photoshop & Indesign, it slows & lags a bit, but doesn't choke to death. Adobe overtakes in productivity at this point.

I don't need to see everything in super high smooth quality at 60fps all the dang time. I just want to create work quickly and admire the work upon output.
    I wouldn't mind if the FPS on Affinity was sacrificed for more system resources to handle large files. Or maybe there's a low res-preview mode. Adobe had "High, Standard, Wireframe" modes on Indesign, which helps speed things up. I'm sure all those slick real time, non destructive, high fps, speedy features takes a toll on system resources.

2. Adobe Illustrator has Live Trace (Raster to Vector)