JDW

CRASH when loading Magic Bullet Looks PS plugin

Magic Bullet Looks (from Red Giant) causes Affinity Photo to crash each time I attempt to load that PS plugin, which resides in my PS plugins folder. (I linked to that plugins folder via AP's Preferences > Photoshop Plugins tab.)

You can test out the Trial version of that plugin yourself here:

http://www.redgiant.com/products/magic-bullet-looks/

No crashes with Red Giant's Knoll Light Factory plugin, and the presets load just fine, but there is a criss-cross (diamond shaped) watermark that appears when you apply it.  That criss-cross watermark does NOT appear when using that same plugin in Photoshop.  You can download a trial of that here:

https://www.redgiant.com/products/knoll-light-factory/

Thanks.

Same thing here. Hope they add support for this valuable tool. Have some clients where we need to use it a lot.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) • Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB • macOS Mojave

Hi JDW.

I'm guessing this is the discontinued Magic Bullet Photolooks 2? The new Magic Bullet Looks 3 doesn't seem to be compatible with Photoshop so I'm not able to install as a plug in to verify this

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

My opening post in this thread was made almost 1 year ago, in July 2015.  At that time, the trial version was 3.05.  You can see the version history on their site here:

http://www.redgiant.com/products/magic-bullet-looks/downloads/

As you can see, version 2.x was discontinued back in 2015, well before my post.

I only tested the Trial, and I did not purchase the software nor test subsequent versions of the Trial.  But nwhit posted his reply yesterday, so I must assume he is using version 3.1.6 (either the Trial or purchased version).  If so, it would see that the same problem which I discovered in version 3.05 still exists in the latest version as well.