You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD- rasterised edges when exporting to .eps and .pdf

Hi All,

I am a new user here. Really love the AD and amazed by its feature and speed. However, I just found out the clipping mask with gradient effect I made in AD were pixelated after export in .eps and .pdf file. I didn't check "Rasterise unsupported effects" but the result is just disappointing. The original file in AD looks sharp when zoomed in, but not the case in AI and PDF.

Can anyone help me here? thanks!

AI

2r6goyd.jpg

AD

fldfkg.jpg

test.afdesign

• Staff

This is because your ellipse has a gradient overlay layer effect on it producing the black->white gradient. Layer effects are pixel-based effects so will be rasterised when exported. Instead, turn off the gradient overlay effect and just use the gradient tool (press 'g') to produce the same effect in vectors and export that to PDF instead - the output is pure vector and crisp.

Hope that helps :)

Matt