You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nvidia QUADRO or RADEON PRO

I have a 9 or 10 year old windows computer that is starting to go slow (I work mainly with Designer) and I am thinking of renewing it.
Regarding the graphics card, in Windows 10, is it worth to add an NVIDIA QUADRO or a RADEON PRO, does anyone have experience with this?.

It would be a computer with Windows 10.

Thank you.

From what I understand, the Affinity applications do not currently leverage GPU compute acceleration under Windoze, so unless your current GPU is massively underpowered or you are working on incredibly complex documents, the benefit from this would probably be minimal for working in the Affinity apps.  Other applications you use might benefit from it more, but you would get better responses on that if checking with the support resources for those applications.

If and when Serif gets GPU compute acceleration working under Windows, this situation could easily change.

Someone else may correct me if there is an aspect of this that I missed.