You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scientific illustration: Scarce dragonfly (male & female)

IsabelAracama

27 minutes ago, IsabelAracama said:

Created these two last week as part of a current project I'm working on. It's done fully on Affinity Designer with a mixed workflow of vectors and bitmaps.

I’ve seen the male one already, of course, but it’s good to see the female one too. :)

< nitpick >
The ‘female’ symbol () should be vertical.
< /nitpick >

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

33 minutes ago, Alfred said:

< nitpick >
The ‘female’ symbol () should be vertical.
< /nitpick >

That is true! and that's why I need to post these things 5 times here or there before considering them finished geeezzz... there's always something I won't see until I post it and either me or someone else sees it.

How can I comment on perfection!...stunning piece of work..well done:)

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

On 2/1/2020 at 11:32 AM, Roger C said:

Excellent eye popping images!

Surely Affinity Spotlight will be asking you for an article sometime. 9_9:9_innocent:

Just Delightful.

Thank you very much Roger C! As I see you missed it I leave here a link hehe ;)https://affinityspotlight.com/article/a-designer-on-a-mission-isabel-aracamas-quest-to-teach-the-world-about-affinity-designer/

Very nice work! I wonder how do you guys know when it's appropriate to share works that you make for clients. I mean if I was the client myself I wouldn't be happy to see the final work made for me distributed all over the internet. So I would be happy to know how do you usually handle this. Do you ask for their permission first?

Edited by Mike Marris

14 hours ago, Mike Marris said:

Very nice work! I wonder how do you guys know when it's appropriate to share works that you make for clients. I mean if I was the client myself I wouldn't be happy to see the final work made for me distributed all over the internet. So I would be happy to know how do you usually handle this. Do you ask for their permission first?

Hi Mike! Thanks!

Regarding your doubt, I'll answer for myself and how I do it:

I do only share work when I am 100% sure I can, and in most cases, this is good also for the client, since ppl get to know the product. I might ask once the project is finished or even before by stating in the contract itself that I will use this or that for my own promotional portfolios. One of the latest posts I created here showcasing work, I had in storage since 2017 and hadn't shown it much as I wanted. But I couldn't and had to wait until I knew it was ok. For this, I asked but still had to wait +2 years to be sure it was fine to air it as it wasn't finally released. In this dragonflies case for example, this is an academic project, a research work I am writing about and not a client's one. It's my own work. Cheers and thanks for commenting on the work! Kiss.

On 2/10/2020 at 2:05 PM, IsabelAracama said:

Hi Mike! Thanks!

Regarding your doubt, I'll answer for myself and how I do it:

I do only share work when I am 100% sure I can, and in most cases, this is good also for the client, since ppl get to know the product. I might ask once the project is finished or even before by stating in the contract itself that I will use this or that for my own promotional portfolios. One of the latest posts I created here showcasing work, I had in storage since 2017 and hadn't shown it much as I wanted. But I couldn't and had to wait until I knew it was ok. For this, I asked but still had to wait +2 years to be sure it was fine to air it as it wasn't finally released. In this dragonflies case for example, this is an academic project, a research work I am writing about and not a client's one. It's my own work. Cheers and thanks for commenting on the work! Kiss.

Thank you very much for finding time to enlighten me about this topic! I really appreciate it. And I wish you all the best in your craft, it's motivating to see your impressive work.

3 hours ago, Mike Marris said:

Thank you very much for finding time to enlighten me about this topic! I really appreciate it. And I wish you all the best in your craft, it's motivating to see your impressive work.

Likewise, it's very motivating to keep working and sharing when I read comments like this. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...