You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NO update offered (split)

NO update offered

i lost quite some time due to a bug in version 1.7.2; i never got the message that 1.7.3 was released although the website says:

macOS:
When you launch your product, your product will automatically check for updates and install them if required.

again, i have launched AF may times the last few weeks and never got the option to update to 1.7.3; how come?

imac 27", macOS high sierra, ipad pro, affinity designer and photo on both desktop and ipad, lots of adobe stuff, not used since the arrival of affinity B|

• Staff

Hi @cezi

Did you purchase Affinity Photo via the Mac App Store?  That could explain why there wasn't a notification from the app on screen as i believe that only happens when the apps are purchased direct from us.  It could certainly be clearer on the website that the update notification doesn't apply to Mac App Store purchases.

The App Store should of displayed a number 1 in a red circle, to indicate there was an update.  You can also enable Auto-Update in the App Store, so any future updates are automatically installed.

thank you, app store did not warn me with circled 1,
but it's much friendlier if the app itself takes care of the update, after i start up the app;
lesson: do not buy through apple app store but directly with serif

imac 27", macOS high sierra, ipad pro, affinity designer and photo on both desktop and ipad, lots of adobe stuff, not used since the arrival of affinity B|

27 minutes ago, cezi said:

There are various options in System Preferences > Software Update or System Preferences > App Store (depending on which macOS version you are running) that can be set to check for updates automatically, download & install them automatically, or to turn that feature off completely.

For the details & options see whichever one of the following is for your OS version:

So if "Check for Updates" is not enabled, you won't get any notices.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 hours ago, cezi said:

but it's much friendlier if the app itself takes care of the update, after i start up the app;
lesson: do not buy through apple app store but directly with serif

Apple updates have never failed me on three devices.  A plus for purchasing Apple App Store, no product key needed when or if you purchase additional products or need to restore Apple device.  All purchases are saved to your Apple ID.  As @R C-R provided links that should ensure notifications of updates, if applied.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection