You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

White pixels appearing in ARW raw files

Other Sony shooters seem have similar issues, see for example here.

On a Mac with a newer OS version, you can try instead for APh switching via the Develop Assistent to use the Apple RAW engine and then see if that behaves differently.

Assistant Options To change initial develop settings:

On the Toolbar, do the following:

1. Click the Develop Assistant to open its settings dialog.
  2. Choose from the following settings:
    • RAW Engine: Provides a choice of RAW processing engines for you to use—Affinity's own Serif Labs engine or Apple's Core Image RAW engine.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thanks, changing the RAW engine to Apple Core has improved the matter a lot, but still a few white pixels hanging around. However, now I also have a couple of blue line artefacts - see attached picture. I suspect it's Sony's aggressive lossy RAW compression that is the culprit, but other raw engines don't have this issue. 

Interestingly when I open a Fuji RAF files it doesn't like it at all! See second attachment. I don't remember having these issues before.

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 23.19.19.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 23.19.11.png

See this thread for supported cams and also links to the Apple by OS supported RAW formats:

There for Apples supported cams you can see (the footnote) that for certain Fuji cams only uncompressed RAW files are supported by the Apple RAW engine.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2