You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

I am new to forums so dont know how to post to the existing information there.   Can you tell me how to ask a further question about a topic you have covered?

My Second question, (my question relating to a problem I am finding) relating to the pages about downloading the photos for use when working in the book.  In the workbook on Affinity photo see page 257 there is a resource called 03.retouching snapshot.  Your files for mother of millions come in a zipped file which I got and extracted but only one completed picture and the 41 stacking pictures are in the zip.  Can you tell me how to get the others, eg 03. retouching and 04globaladjustments and page 260 - dither and correction photos?

I apologise if I am being really thick, but I am slowly working through the work book and I am not a fast learner and need all the information to hand.

Thank you

Beverley

Hi Beverley and welcome!

I can't help with the question about the book I'm afraid, but below each forum post you should see a box 

39673227_Screenshot2020-01-26at19_50_36.thumb.png.b3a829287db44d5cb3ffb971f510617a.png

labelled "Reply to this topic..." Just click into the box and start typing. If you can't see it,  it may be that you have to wait until you've made a couple of posts of your own before the forum software lets you reply to others.

I would be careful about reviving old topics though: the information in them may well be out of date, and people are more likely to answer a new question.

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

3 hours ago, Beverley said:

My Second question, (my question relating to a problem I am finding) relating to the pages about downloading the photos for use when working in the book.  In the workbook on Affinity photo see page 257 there is a resource called 03.retouching snapshot.  Your files for mother of millions come in a zipped file which I got and extracted but only one completed picture and the 41 stacking pictures are in the zip.  Can you tell me how to get the others, eg 03. retouching and 04globaladjustments and page 260 - dither and correction photos?

The mother_of_millions.afphoto file contains the snapshots.

If you look a few pages earlier (p. 248 in my edition, but possibly p. 250 in your copy) you should find a page labeled "BEFORE YOU GET STARTED" which tells you where to get the resource file, and has a section labeled "Knowledge of Affinity Photo". The second bullet of that section describes snapshots, and directs you to (in my book) p. 9 for more information.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you to Walt and H_d for your prompt replies.

I have now found the "snapshots" window, which I had no idea was there, it was hidden at the lower right hand edge of the screen, but on dragging it up I found it and worked it. Perhaps because I work solely on a 17" laptop the page displays differently to a PC?  Or I haven't organised the display for my purposes.  I am a beginner so I have many possible errors.

I have now worked on two flower photos of my own, using focus stacking.  The second one worked much better than the first, so I am going to work on a third flower picture today and practice.  I hope that this one is acceptable to print.

Thank you again,

Beverley

You're welcome, Beverley. Glad to hear you're making progress :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1