You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Draw Stroke Behind Text with a Brush Stroke -> Brush Stroke colour changes to black

Meredudd

Hi,

1st post here, sorry if it's a stupid question.

Using latest version of Designer on a 2017 MacBook Pro (on Catalina). Here's the problem:

When I add a brush stroke as an outline to text, I can change the brush stroke colour - as you would expect.

But, when I set the stroke to be behind the text (99% of the time), the stroke changes to black - not in the colour picker, but on the actual page.

If I change it back to be in front of the text, the colour returns. If I change the stroke from a brush to a solid line, it works fine. I also don't have this problem with shapes - only text.

Thanks for a great app, hope you can help me with this little niggle.

Meredudd

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. Here are 2x screenshots:

1258265612_Screenshot2020-01-27at12_07_04.thumb.png.cd7e77b125b957f4f3e54764c176fad0.png

Brush stroke is yellow in front of text. When I change the order:

1193967793_Screenshot2020-01-27at12_07_08.thumb.png.32a035085d4a547bda5a2bc5bdceaf8a.png

Brush stroke is now behind text, but the colour has changes to a dark yellow-grey.

I can attach the file if you like?

Thanks for your help,

Meredudd

• Staff

Hi Meredudd,

Thanks for the file - it seems to be caused by some semi-transparent brushes. I've passed this onto development, however in the meantime if you select 'Layer > Convert To Curves' after you've finished editing the text, it will look correct. Please note that this will mean the text is no longer editable, so you should only do this when you're sure the text is how you want it.