You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placing PDF without font needed

I produce magazines and have to insert PDF advertisements.
The problem is that i need to install all the fonts that i don't have and i can't ask the advertiser to send them, because it simply doesn't have them.
So, I have to open the PDF with Photoshop and save it to TIFF file.

I understand that i need the fonts if i OPEN the PDF file just like Adobe Illustrator does. But when i PLACE it for a print purpose, it should not ask the fonts. 
Illustrator and In-desing do not ask for the fonts when we place a PDF, only when we open.

I work in a print shop and we are waiting for this feature to get rid of ADOBE. All our team  use Affinity and love it a lot more that Adobe.

Faster, more fluid and more fun to use!... but we have this fonts problem....

8 hours ago, chrisiophe said:

I understand that i need the fonts if i OPEN the PDF file just like Adobe Illustrator does. But when i PLACE it for a print purpose, it should not ask the fonts. 

That is the it should work. Devs are aware how crucial this feature is.

When  I get content from other sources, many from national organisations who have bespoke fonts I open them the use microsoft print to PDF and then use place, I have had not trouble so far.

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.