You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

All of my Affinity projects are saved with an af extension which I know is standard.  I am creating a website but I can't upload these items.  I get a message stating I can;t upload the image for security reasons.  I am not sure what this means but can anyone tell me how to get around this?

Thanks

If the webserver you try to upload to is an Apache driven one and you manage that yourself, then change in the apache config for the site the file access restrictions accordingly. - Take a look at the FilesMatch pattern there ...

<FilesMatch "\.(png|jpg|gif|css|php|html|js)$">
allow from all
</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch ".(?<!png|jpg|gif|css|php|html|js)$">
deny from all
</FilesMatch>

In case you don't administrate that yourself, or can't change config settings, try instead if maybe zipped Affinity files ("somefilename.zip") are allowed to upload. Or tell the webserver service administrators to set it up for you that way.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Why are you uploading affinity files?

If you want to share them with coworkers you can zip them.

If you want to use them as visual objects in your website you must use format that browsers can display, i.e. JPEG, PNG, or GIF. Export them.

6 minutes ago, MikeW said:

If the OP's point is to display images, then they need to export to a recognized format for use on the web, like png, jpg), versus uploading the Affinity file format...

Good point, maybe that (to display) was the intention instead of plain file uploads, don't know. - In that case an upload as common viewable files then, so any Affinity export as JPG/PNG/GIF, should solve the OP's problem.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

I am confused.  I am uploading Affinity files because all projects are saved with an af extension.  I export them with the jpg, pdf, svg extensions but can only save them as an af file. Obviously I am missing something.  How do I save a project without the af extension.

Thank you v_kyr I will check that out.

30 minutes ago, abbylady said:

How do I save a project without the af extension.

I don't think you're missing anything. Your .afphoto documents (or 'projects'), with layers, adjustments, live filters, masks etc, are your own working versions. They are only editable in Affinity applications, and can only be saved  as .afphoto documents.

When you want to use them for broader purposes (eg to display on a website), then you would export them in a more general format (.jpg, .png etc).

If you want to upload .afphoto files to your website so that other people can download them, then @v_kyr's answer may help. (It's outside my competence.) But if you want to upload them so that other people can see them as part of the design of your website, then they need to be exported from Affinity Photo in a web-browser-compatible format like .jpg or .png.

Hope this helps,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

1 hour ago, abbylady said:

I am confused.  I am uploading Affinity files because all projects are saved with an af extension.  I export them with the jpg, pdf, svg extensions but can only save them as an af file. Obviously I am missing something.  How do I save a project without the af extension.

Thank you v_kyr I will check that out.

May I suggest that when you Export the file, select format the next screen will allow you to select a name and folder location on your PC or MAC.  

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

2 hours ago, abbylady said:

We aren't sure if you indeed want to upload your Affinity format files (aka what you name "project" files), maybe for people then as downloadable templates/samples etc. - Or if you instead just want to show to the world what you created with the apps as images.

However, in case you want to upload the Affinity file format files (*.afphoto, *.afdesign, *.afpub) you have to go the steps I mentioned above, namely either to add those extensions to the (Apache) webserver config, so it allows you to upload these file extensions too. Or try to see if your server allows you to upload zip archives (compressed Affinity files) and then upload zipped files of those.