You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Blane,

Just select your text and on the Text context toolbar that appears along the top you want to dropdown the list that is next to the alignment/justification buttons - it controls Paragraph Leading which is what you want to change. As you move over the different items in the list you should see the change happening dynamically on your document - just click when it looks right :)

Thanks,

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Leading is not in the Character palette because it is not a character attribute. It is a paragraph attribute because you normally want all the lines in a paragraph to be spaced evenly. We also put it in the context toolbar, so you do have quick access to it.

• 8 years later...
18 minutes ago, Nanana said:

I am on the space thing, I try to change it in all the ways I can. I selected my text.

Have you checked for a Leading Override in the Character panel? If you have one, remove it.

Have you checked to see if you have a Baseline Grid set? Edit: It shouldn't be that, as you're in Photo and it's a Publisher-only function.

What actually happens when you try to make the Leading change?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Nothing happens. There might be a leading override. Where do I find it?

To be honest, I duplicated the layer and now each line is a layer, and I just dragged it where I wanted, so I could finish the banner, but this might be important in the future. 

2 minutes ago, Nanana said:

Where do I find it?

In the Character panel.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

As indicated in your screen capture, you were in the Paragraph panel. 

To access the Character panel, you could click on the button marked "a" in the context toolbar or go in menu Window > Text > Character.  

Affinity Suite 2.4 – Monterey 12.7.4 – MacBookPro 14" 2021 M1 Pro 16Go/1To

I apologise for any approximations in my English. It is not my mother tongue.

9 hours ago, Nanana said:

Oh, I saw it. Why is is in two different places? 

One is for the character related settings, the other is for the paragraph settings. A logical separation that is not only made in Affinity programs.

And sometimes it is even better to split multiline decorative text, in your case "of fire & fae" into two text boxes. Here I would even recommend graphic text. But that would be my approach. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!