You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer on Windows running extremely slow

Hi, I am kind of new with AD (windows)

I can notice that it is extremely slow. I am trying to create a ruler texture. Meaning many small lines to make the ruler template. 

Still I believe it is too slow. 

Find attached the file please.

My version is 1.7.3.481 

Is there any way to download previous versions of Affinity ? I read that there are other users complaining about the speed of it. 

Please find the file attached.

Units_4K.afdesign

Take a screenshot of Affinity Designer Preferences > Performance tab and a brief spec of your system.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I really wish and hope that Affinity can deal with the SLOWNESS on windows 10 devices.  It as a serious lag issue that has gotten worse with these last updates. 

I can't use the vector brush at all to draw.  It can  take a minute  for strokes to appear sometimes and makes for a horrible experience. 

This is a very good program IF there is hope for us users on PC's to have these issues addressed.

I would pay this help, given that Adobe is 21.00 a month for most stand alone apps, I'm not against paying for improvements .  I actually really like this program and want to know if there is anything I can do to help.

I'm running a on A Surface Book 2 so no matter this should be a hardware issue on my end. 

kindly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue (windows 10). After about 30 mins of work, it become unusable.I need to reopen the application. I was working on small files, that contains only a few vectors. It has nothing to do with app configuration or pc specs, to me sound like a cache issue. The CPU usage is about 4% and memory about 30%, but the app is very slow.

Edited by Adrian Ionescu